Distinctive Systems Limited (We or DSL) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using Coach Hire Exchange (CHX) you will provide certain personal data to us. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you,
or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By visiting www.coachhireexchange.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Distinctive Systems Limited and our registered office is
at Amy Johnson Way, York, YO30 4XT.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by:
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- registering on CHX;
- posting jobs to CHX;
- responding to job requests on CHX;
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; or
- reporting a problem with CHX.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to CHX we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information which we collect about your computer and/or your Device:
- from the site, technical information including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information,
browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- from the App, technical information including but not limited to the device ID; and
- from the App and the Site, login history and reason for failed logins.
- information about your use of CHX, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time);
information you give us by filling in forms on CHX or by corresponding with us by email; details of your use of the App including a record of the time when certain data
is refreshed, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs),
and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other software products we provide. The data we
collect from such products may be shared internally and combined with data collected on CHX.
3. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide CHX to you;
- to provide you with information about products we offer which we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about
products similar to CHX;
- to notify you about changes to CHX;
- to ensure that content from CHX is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer CHX and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve CHX to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of CHX, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep CHX safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about products that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you.
We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you or to carry out marketing on our behalf; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If DSL or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
5. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access CHX, you
are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone outside of your organisation.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the
security of your data transmitted to CHX; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to
prevent unauthorised access.
6. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not disclose your information to any third party for them to market their goods or services to you.
7. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a
fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.